Thursday 2 October 2014

Dream Research

Reading a blog post today about top 10 facts about dreams >

"10. Many Dreams Are Universal

While dreams are often heavily influenced by our personal experiences, researchers have found that certain themes are very common across different cultures. For example, people from all over the world frequently dream about being chased, being attacked or falling. Other common dream experiences include school events, feeling frozen and unable to move, arriving late, flying and being naked in public."

^^

This one had me thinking about my plan for my animation. Just with the main objective is to create a piece related to Identity, since it's 'Universal' the examples used of dreams seen frequently all over the world, maybe I should incorporate these into the narrative of my animation, it seems like a good steering point for now since I'm struggling to think of a narrative and the documentation of my own dreams isn't going as exciting as I hoped for. I'm still going to continue documenting my dreams though and create a small booklet to go with my Sketch book, to see how it turns out at the end of this project to reflect upon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment